Thursday, November 6, 2008

We Can Open!

So, things have been crazy! I was able to go home and visit my family which I miss again desperately! We now have the entire place ready for service! The counter tops look great, sneeze guards are in, kettles are in, our chalk boards look really cool, now we are just waiting on our merchandiser. The state was out and gave us the go ahead today! We are cookin' now! We are making our Southwestern Black Bean Soup along with yummy cookies and brownies for a local soccer club to help with their fundraiser. So this will be our first "public appearance", and I am really excited..."The Soup King", well he just wants to get to his cooking! He has waited a long time to get to this point. It looks like we will have a soft opening on November 10Th and our "Grand Opening" on November 17Th. Our shirts and hats look really cool. "The Soup King" has already come up with a great idea for his next set of shirts! All of the little ones can't wait to get their job assignments. The funniest part about this whole adventure is that the youngest of the group wants to take care of everything, cooking, cleaning, counter service...you name it, he wants to do it! I hope that everyone will come and join us on this fun ride in our lives! "The Soup King" always says, "live for today, tomorrow was never promised to you!", so here we go!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Hi Diane...Megan Newman here. Jackie sent me the link to this blog. I'm a soup fan and if I was in Florida I would at The Soup King all the time! My mother-in-law lives in Punta Gorda so if I'm ever down that way I'll be sure to stop by.

Best of Luck with everything!

Meg

Big Daddy said...

I love soup...really I do. Perhaps I may introduce my request for a certain soup that really wins me over. Well, it's "Beer Soup". You could call it "Billy Broth".
On the menu it would read [Guaranteed to get you in trouble if you consume enough of this stuff].
Try it....I'm sure everyone will love it.

Big Daddy