Saturday, November 22, 2008

Saturday, 11-5????

Well we were suppose to close at 5pm today. Not likely!!! "The Soup King" was open til at least 7:30pm.(Well, that's close to when I left with all of the little ones!) I was out and about with soccer and voice performances today so I did not hit the store til 4pm or so......,Dishes were piled everywhere! Another busy day? "The Soup King" was a little taken back by how steady it was. So, by 7:30 he was still serving people. A nurse from the hospital came in to pick up food for her unit for the night shift. I can see us open all night before we get done!!!!!!

The second batch of Chili is just about done, yet another broth is on its way, and he his still working!!!!!! Broccoli and Cheddar will be added to the menu after Turkey Day if i forgot to mention it before....Of course baking occurs every night!!!!! Cookies, brownies, rice pudding, more cookies! At least I stopped eating the cookies. Maybe I will get skinny now.

Sunday brings the adventure of picking up four puppies to take back to PA with us on Tuesday....yes, all four of them. I will not be at the store very long anyway, lots of baking before I leave....in addition to all of that fun stuff I need to make a strawberry cake with strawberry icing for "The Soup King" because his birthday is Monday. What an odd cake!!!!! But he likes it. I do have to say that I feel bad leaving him with the store since we have only been up and running for two weeks. I just miss my family so much!

It is 11:30 and "The Soup King" is still cookin'. I am done my baking for the evening but am still working on the wash. With CCD, church, and the whole puppy thing going on tomorrow, I am ready for bed! I will keep you posted and let you know what our hours will be if "The Soup King" settles for a specific closing time!!!!! See everyone tomorrow!

No comments: