Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Lunch Was Slammin'!

Lunch was really busy today. "Zinger"is on vacation for the next few days so "Little Miss Responisble" came in after her exams to ring for us. She was wiped out after lunch. "Trouble" asked her if it was like that on the weekends and she just shook her head no...lol I hope everyone was happy with their orders today. We really tried to turn things over quickly...I know we had two minor issues but unfortunately things happen.

We are working with a friend to fine tune our system...He has helped us organize things and get an effective closing system in place. Now we need a system that runs smoothly with the rush that comes in...How does that work? Did I mention that "Big Brother" was a truck driver before this...no food experience what so ever??? I have a year or two under my belt but I still need work....So again, its a working progress.

I have decided that once the credit cards are up and running is when we are going to do our grand opening shin-dig! We have to do something soon....we also have to advertise because we rteally haven't done that either...Just the church bulletins....

I am hoping that we have something a little different than most places....We are all family at the store and we grew up here in the area. The sandwiches need to be fine tuned but we really try to give a little extra, besides it shold feel like home! We make all of our soups from scratch....broth and all!Plus, we are really trying to stay competive to other places with our pricing...I guess I have to accept that we cannot please everyone even though I want to!

The hours are still up in the air. We need to see how many people stop in befoer 7am. Maybe we can open at 7 on the weekends and not 6!!!! That would be good, I really don't like getting up at 4am everyday!!!! ugh!!!

Speaking of 4am, I am off to shower and bed.....i have a lot to share with all of you but I am tired today!!!! Check in tomoorw!!! Happy soup!

No comments: