Monday, January 3, 2011

Open! Open! Open!

So yes we are finally opened!!! Not our grand opening just a soft one to work out all o the bugs but open! Sunday was our first day and it was very busy and a little crazy...I would have to say that for everyone not really knowing what to do it wasn't that bad. "Drama" has been working her butt off baking and cooking soups and cleaning to get ready. She is awesome at multi-tasking! "Big Brother" is doing ok but I think he gets a little frazzled like everyone else. Yes, I think I have the answers but, I am the little sister so it takes awhile for everyone to hear or see me! If it doesn't happen soon i will through a tantrum and then they will all hear and see me! lol....Training is a little under par but we need to work out the best system we can think of so...hopefully by Friday we have it.

There are many soups to be made again..That is always good...I just need to be left in the kitchen to make that happen! I can't wait to see how things go when we advertise that we are open! Hopefully everyone gives us a chance to get it right a second time if it doesn't happen the first time. We are trying! I have some ideas of what needs to happen I just need to chat with "Big Brother". All of the family is working with us...My "Little Ones", my sister's daughter, my other sister's son...it is so much fun!!! I love hanging with them all the time! Now I just need nick names for them. Our new cook is great...she is way on top of her game...just working on the specifics now and we will be golden! Our cashier is nervous, she will get it, she just needs some time. "Big Brother", well what can I say, "WTF Chuck"!!!! I think that should be his new nick name.

We had friends stop in and help out and we appreciate all of the help...Thursday after getting out U/O we had a lot of people stop in and some jumped right in to help get started....Thanks!!!!
Thursday was so interesting...if everyone only new!!!!What a laugh now!!!

"Big Brother" is running around trying to do everything and he needs to slow done...and take a step back so he can see what is really needed....I just need to cook! So please, leave me in the kitchen!!!!!!! Seafood Gumbo should be done for lunch along with New England Clam Chowder and more Cream of Chicken and Mushroom. By dinner I should have Chicken Corn Chowder done too!!!

I miss my babies.....I liked being a stay at home mom.....running with the babies and all that jazz..What was I thinking? Who knows,the mornings are tough..but It will be worth it!!!!! Stop in and visit, its my new home!!!

1 comment:

Cinnamon Boffa said...

I see you are open, I can't find your phone number or menu?