Thursday, January 20, 2011

More Hours?

The last few days have been steady but calm....All of the "Little People" worked on Monday for the holiday which was fun..."Trouble", our griddle girl had a good day with them...We have a new sandwich chick..She rocks out some awesome sandwiches and she does it quick! Loving it!

The week has been quiet for the most part but steady. I have been able to catch up with the soups and"Big Brother" is beginning to find his routine in the store. All good things. I finally made Winter Squash today. Not much of it but it is made!!! It was challenging...only because I really didn't want to make it...its a lot of work.

It was busy tonight. We had a very nice crowd in that had no issues with the minor wait for things. We did have a request last night and tonight to stay open until 8pm....More Hours! We already arrive at 4:30am and sometimes don't leave til 9pm.. I don't know if I could handle extra hours...It does make sense to be open til 8pm during the winter...It will take some work on my end to talk"Big Brother" into it! This whole morning thing is not so much fun...the 4am wake up call was one reason why I never finished nursing school...who knew I would be back to that in this lifetime.

I was told by the software people that I should have credit cards up and running by the end of this week so we will see what Friday brings us! Let's all hope for credit!

Everyone seems to be catching on to the routine for getting orders filled and picking up the passe at the same time. With time we should be able to rock everything out super fast without any errors..Maybe we can come up with a song to sing while we do our job like Cold Stone Creamery!! Where we lived in Florida when you gave them tips they sang to you! It was Awesome!

We are learning that we need to cut some costs at the store so we can get ahead, some being labor costs and others being food cost. Thank God we have someone to help us organize that stuff! (Yes, its a family member) Hey someone has to do it and we do not have time to look at all that stuff right now! Besides, he is great with numbers and then I get to see her! Even better....

I do miss my Florida friend very much! I haven't even had time to call her but I think of her every day just like a few of my other friends!!! Love you all and miss you all very much!!!! Well we will sum things up tomorrow...off to shower and bed so we can start over again! Good luck with the weather!!!!

No comments: