Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day!!!

Thank you to all who have served to defend this great country of ours! Today we remember all of those who lost their lives to defend our freedom and those who continue to serve in order to preserve what those who served before them have won for us! I know that in PA my father has is flag at half mast in remembrance of those lost......My father is very patriotic..flags and eagles are everywhere in his house. I think that he would have been a military man if he had not met my mother. All three of his brothers were in the military. My mom asked him to stay, so he did, and now here we are.......

I am already thinking about what needs to be done this week....Split Pea, Gumbo, Vegetable soup!!!! Chili is done....Chicken Noodle is done.....Tomato Basil too....I told you cooking was unbelievable last week! Work, work, work! The store has been busy....even the sandwiches are moving along nicely. I am working on a mac-n-cheese for the little ones that visit us. I know that my "Little Ones" are not big soup fans so I am sure that there are a few little people out there who share their views on soup. Once we do that children won't mind stopping in with mom and dad for a bite to eat. Hopefully by Thursday I will have it ready!

We spent most of the weekend just hanging out. "The Soup King" went to Key West at the end of last week for bid meetings....Keep your fingers crossed! We cooked and ate all weekend....We even built a small fort for "Frick and Frack" in the yard! They love to climb!

Hope to see some of you this week........keep your suggestions coming! We are always interested! I will keep you posted on the new soup of the week once I chat with "The Soup King"....have a great day off!!!!!

No comments: