Friday, May 22, 2009

What A Week!!!

Rain Rain....Come Again! Business has been crazy! The weather definitely worked in our favor this week. I have made more soup in the last week than I have in my entire life...granted, I just started cooking the soups so I guess that doesn't really count. Unfortunately for my niece and her friend the weather did not cooperate. They were in from PA to play in the sun but they only got two days of sun!! I guess she needs to plan another trip to visit me!

I must say that we have met some great people this week. Friendly, interesting, and just a pleasure to serve. I love to hear about people and their lives! Planning babies, moving, new jobs....all with a smile and a positive outlook. It makes all of the stress worth wild!

Our Beef Vegetable, one of our specials has moved quickly. My only problem with that is I am not sure if "Muscle Guy" and "The Soup King" ate it all or if we sold it! The Chicken Corn Chowder must be a good one for winter.....of course we do have some followers for that one!

I have finally reorganized the entire store...Its funny how things get done when you just buckle down and move! I think that I have one more closet to do...maybe I will make "Muscle Guy" do that one! Now all of the paperwork is calling my name.

All of the "Little Ones" worked with me tonight. It was fun but stressful at the same time. "Frick and Frack" are tough because they get bored very quickly. "The Boy" did a great job scrubbing dishes and helping out tonight. "Drama" was in a bit of a mood but that is just a normal week day for her. "Little Miss Responsible" has been in good spirits for the last few days, even when she is at the store. "The Soup King" was off to Key West for the last two days working on his construction business.

"Muscle Guy" has been distracted all week. I think he found a new love to occupy his time with!! Love is grand when it is new!!!!

"The Soup King" and I celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary this month. Who knew that even with not one thing in common we would still be together! I must love him, I followed him to Florida!!!!! "Drama" had her birthday last weekend which was very eventful. She threw herself a birthday party. Give her the chance to plan and she runs with it! Seven little girls for a sleep over was just fantastic!

I can't wait to make more changes at the store. I want to bring in a sofa for guests to kick back on while they wait for their food.....I want to get movies up and going ....The food network can only work for so long!!! Change is good People!!! Let's do it!!

No comments: