Friday, April 15, 2011

As the Soup Sells....

Drama at the store has been so very interesting this week. They has been a lot of giggling and fun for lunch. "Big Brother" and "Ya-Ya" have been caught in some interesting conversations by customers....Remember family business.....lol...


The best is that we had a "young one" show up with hickeys all over his/her neck...I have been raised that this is like a dog marking their territory. My mother always frowned upon this type of behavior. So, I guess we all end up like our parents even when we swear it won't happen...I am the same way. The young one was told to go home and not to come back until the marks were gone. The individual was informed that when on my floor they are representing my family and "Big Brother"s family. This is not an image I want to portray. Then I proceeded to post a generalized statement on our facebook page about it saying, "Really? Hickeys??? So not acceptable for work....So you can be mad." I did not use names I did not specify who the individual was. IT gets better...The individual comments "Thanks for putting my business out there." Oh my! Now the individual has made it known who it was to the world, then proceeds to tell me that I am immature. Loving it! Just kills me that they think this is ok. Needless to say the individual quit. I am sure letting the parents think that I fired them. Gotta love being the bad guy.

"Ya-Ya" has a little stress in her life right now but is holding strong and doing what she needs to do..."Little Miss Responsible" is almost done lacrosse...so back to work she will be soon! "The Boy" has been working out a little better than usual. This is a definite plus. I had a tooth pulled this week so I am not a very happy camper...hopefully by Monday I am back to normal. "Hollywood" or "Do Re Mi" is doing her thing as she sings all day every day...We have a new chick working three days a week...It seems to be working out ok for now....keep your fingers crossed!

Crab soup is ready for all and we still have a little Minestrone left...Which happens to be my new favorite. I am working on some new soups for the next week...Can't wait to let loose and just cook!

1 comment:

jkd4317 said...

Good for you! I was recently at a fast food chain that is known for it's customer service (I won't name names but rhymes with flik-o-hey). Behind us sat a girl that worked there but was on break with her 2 friends came and they was acting very inappropriate. I mentioned it to the manager and he told me that she was on break so there was nothing he could do. Maybe I am old, and therefore old-fashion, but I believe as long as you where the uniform for that company you and your action represent that company! Good job holding your employees up to good standards, it will only make your business stronger!